The Thigh Burner:
King Of Inner Thigh Exercises
The Thigh Burner in conjunction with deep breathing forms one of the most powerful inner thigh exercises you can do.
This typically multi benefit Chinese exercise stretches and strengthens your thighs, strengthens your knees and pelvic area and tightens your butt.
The Thigh Burner builds strong, toned thighs and legs which is why this kind of stance and variations of it is common to many martial arts and qigong styles. And if you're looking to work up a sweat this is one exercise that will do it - even though it seems like you're not doing much at all.
Check with your health professional first though before trying any new thigh exercises, particularly if you have a history of leg or lower back problems or you haven't exercised in some time. Also included below are links to other exercises on this site to stretch and strengthen your legs.
Thigh Burner - Exercise For Thighs
1. Stand with you feet turned outwards and more than shoulder width apart.
Bend your legs and sink your weight down into your thighs so that your thighs are parallel to the ground.
Place your hands on your thighs, with fingers facing inwards.
Keep your spine straight. Look at the ground a metre (3 feet) or so in front of you.
2. As you hold the above position, commence slow deep breathing through your nose. To enhance the effects, as you exhale tighten your butt muscles and your abs. Relax as you inhale.
Try to hold the position for 30-60 seconds.
Feel your inner thigh muscles and tendons stretching.
Slowly stand up and take a slow, deep breath or two.
Sink back down and repeat the exercise.
Do it a couple of times to begin. Build up to 4 or 5 times in a session.
Alternatively, do just one Thigh Burner in a session but hold it for as long as
you can. Increase the time a little each day. This version will really burn your thighs!
- Stretches your inner thighs
- Strengthens your thighs & knees
- Tones & tightens your glutes (butt muscles)
- Strengthens your pelvic region
- Slow, deep breathing during the exercise greatly enhances the benefits
- Contract your butt & ab muscles as you enhale, for extra benefit
Although the Thigh Burner is an extremely effective thigh stretching and strengthening
exercise on its own, these other leg and inner thigh exercises are also highly recommended:
Back to top of this
Inner Thigh Exercises