Sauna Therapy Update
Last month I wrote about the benefits of sauna therapy and I promised to keep you posted on my experience having regular saunas.
I have had maybe 20 sauna sessions over the past 8 weeks and these are some of the things I have discovered:
1. First have a shower to clean your skin all over, but don't completely towel yourself dry. Leaving your skin a little wet helps you to start sweating in the sauna.
2. Doing 3 rounds of sauna then cold shower feels awesome. By this I mean a sauna followed by a cold shower, repeated two more times. In between rounds I sit and rest quietly for a few minutes till my heart rate has normalized and I feel ready for the heat again.
3. Don't go by the clock when you're in the sauna, stay in till the thought of having iced water poured over your head is the best idea you've ever heard.
4. Having a massage straight after your last round feels even more awesome. Fortunately, the place where I go is a combined sauna and Chinese massage centre.
5. Sweating also causes loss of nutrients (not just toxins) so it's necessary to replace these. Water alone is not enough. A good electrolyte drink perhaps. I like to have a big glass of fresh vegetable juice each day. The combination of carrot, celery, spinach and parsley replaces many lost nutrients.
6. Sauna therapy is definitely a permanent part of my health regiment now. I've had a lot of saunas in the past 2 months though and now feel that just once a week is enough for me. One sauna-massage a week is a very relaxing and rejuvenating experience. Give it a try and judge for yourself.
Until next time, all the best.
Tip: Create a new email folder and save each health tip for easy access later - you never know when you might need one of them!
About the Author
Matthew Scott is a professionally trained Chinese medicine practitioner from Australia. In 2000, after ten years in private practice, Matthew went to China to further his studies for a few months. He’s been there ever since, immersed in the culture, raising a family and showing people worldwide the Chinese way of health.
Programs under $25 for Long Life, Anxiety, Sleep, Common Cold, Neck, Lower Back, Headache, Waist, Knees, Self Massage Techniques.
Holistic Health Reports under $5 on Diet, Breathing, Skin Brushing.
Self Help Products
Chinese Herbal Guide for consumers.
Visit Matthew's websites for more info.
The content of this email is not to be considered as medical advice. Always consult a doctor or other qualified health professional before starting or changing any health or fitness program.