Breath Of Fire: Great Energy and Mood Booster
The next time you are so tired you can barely stay awake try this breathing exercise called the breath of fire. I used it 2 days ago to go from barely being able to keep my eyes open to being completely awake and alert in about 5 minutes.
1. Sit with back straight and chin slightly dropped to lengthen your neck. Place your hands on your knees and close your eyes.
2. Start breathing rapidly through your nose with equal emphasis on inhalation and exhalation. No need to take deep breaths - keep it shallow as if you're filling your nose only. Breathe evenly and smoothly, but do it quickly, as if you're sniffing quickly. Stay as relaxed as you can while doing it.
3. Start with a dozen or so repetitions (an in/out breath is one repetition) then take one or two long, slow, deep breaths. That's one set - do 2 or 3 sets in a session. Do it whenever you feel tired or can't concentrate or feel upset or tense.
4. As you get used to it you can easily build up to 30 or more reps at a time. I find 3 sets of 30 repetitions is enough to give me a super boost.
5. If at any stage you feel dizzy or light-headed (very likely at first), stop (lie down if necessary)) and take some long, slow, deep breaths till you feel better, then try again or try again later. The dizziness will soon go with practice.
6. If you have heart trouble or high blood pressure you should check with your doctor first.
A similar exercise on the site to boost energy is the
Try both and see for yourself how great they are at boosting energy, clearing your head and more.
All the best,
Permanent tip: Create a new email folder and save each health tip for easy access later - you never know when you might need one of them!
About the Author
Matthew Scott is a professionally trained Chinese medicine practitioner from Australia. In 2000, after ten years in professional practice, Matthew went to China to further his studies for a few months. He’s been there ever since, immersed in the culture, raising a family and showing people worldwide the Chinese way of health.
Health & exercise programs under $25 for Long Life, Anxiety, Meditation, Sleep, Common Cold, Neck, Lower Back, Headaches, Waist, Knees, Self Massage Techniques.
Holistic Health Reports under $5 on Diet, Breathing, Skin Brushing.
Self Help Products
Chinese Herbal Guide for consumers.
Visit Matthew's websites for more info.
The content of this email is not to be considered as medical advice. Always consult a doctor or other qualified health professional before starting or changing any health or fitness program.