|Back to Back Issues Page|
5 Years, 150 Health Tips, Which Are The Best?
November 05, 2014
Over the past 5 years I've emailed about 150 health tips. My aim has always been to offer short, practical advice on how you can improve your health. It adds up to a lot of information over 5 years, though, so this week I've gone through my tip list and picked out 10 which I believe you should focus on.
1. Drink 1 large glass of fresh, raw carrot juice every day.
2. For lunch and dinner (breakfast too if you want) fill your plate 2/3 full of cooked vegetables. The other 1/3 can be a protein or a complex carb like brown rice.
3. Make water your main drink. Drink half your pound body weight in ounces of water each day. Example: If you weigh 180 pounds drink 90 ounces (2.7 litres) of water a day. Some people may need more depending on their particular situation.
4. Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night and 10 hours for kids and teens.
5. Several times a day stop what you're doing, sit quietly and comfortably, and breathe
slowly and deeply for at least 5 minutes. Also do this whenever you feel angry, stressed or upset.
9. Regular sauna sessions to detox, relax and much more.
10. Do some daily, gentle exercise like walking, biking, rebounding. Gentle exercise is enough for most people. Proper food, water, sleep and relaxation are more important to focus on.
I could add more to this list and most people will sometimes need professional help too such as acupuncture, chiropractic and massage. Supplements are also necessary these days, however just following the above tips should help you a lot.
Be patient though if you are currently in poor health. It may have taken years for your current state of health to manifest so it will take time to improve. Trust in the power of your body to get better when you provide it with healthy food, water, sleep, etc.
Finally, don't worry if you can't do all these things every day, just do what you can. Over time you should notice the benefits.
Tip: Create a new email folder and save each health tip for easy access later - you never know when you might need one of them!
About the Author
Matthew Scott is a professionally trained Chinese medicine practitioner from Australia. In 2000, after ten years in private practice, Matthew went to China to further his studies for a few months. He has been there ever since, immersed in the culture, raising a family and showing people worldwide the Chinese way of health.
Programs under $25 for Long Life, Anxiety, Sleep, Common Cold, Neck, Lower Back, Headache, Waist, Knees, Self Massage Techniques.
Self Help Products
Visit Matthew's website for more info.
The content of this email is not to be considered as medical advice. Always consult a doctor or other qualified health professional before starting or changing any health or fitness program.
|Back to Back Issues Page|